Skilled Nominated Visa 190
Skilled Nominated Visa 190
190 Visa Australia
190 skilled nominated Visa
- this points-based Visa is applicable for skilled workers who are nominated by a state or territory.
- a Visa holder can live and work permanently anywhere in Australia.
- certain family members can be included in the application.
Skilled Nominated Visa Australia
To be able to lodge a valid application for this Visa you need to first submit an Expression of Interest through SkillSelect. You can do this in or outside Australia.
If you are nominated by a state or territory and meet the basic requirements for this Visa, you will then receive an invitation to apply.
If you are invited to apply for this Visa, you will then have 60 days in which to lodge your online application. Your invitation letter will explain the lodgment process you should follow. You can be in Australia or any other country when you lodge your application.
Invitations are based on claims made in your Expression of Interest at the time you are invited to apply. Your application must reflect the information provided in your Expression of Interest, and be supported by relevant evidence.
If after receiving two invitations to apply for a Visa you do not make a Visa application your Expression of Interest will be removed from SkillSelect.
Provide Relevant Documents
You must provide documents that prove the claims you made in your Expression of Interest. These are identified and explained in the Document Checklist. This checklist also explains additional requirements and whether you need to provide original documents or certified copies.
Any document in a language other than English must be accompanied by an English translation that has been done by a translator who has been accredited by an organization such as National Accreditation Authority for Translations and Interpreters (NAATI). Translations done by a translator not accredited by NAATI must include that person’s full name, address, telephone number, and details of their qualifications and experience in the language being translated.
All supporting documents should be scanned and uploaded with your application.
The department will notify you if they need more information and/or documentation.
Include Family Members
You can include the following family members in your Visa application:
- your partner
- yours or your partner’s dependent child
- yours or your partner’s dependent relative
These family members must meet certain requirements. Please read the ‘Including dependent family members’ in your application and ‘proof of dependency’ for more details.
Make Use Of Helpful Information Information
To help prepare your application has advice on certified documents, statutory declarations, translating documents, communicating with the department, using a migration agent, authorizing another person to receive information from the department, and receiving assistance with your application.
Applications are by invitation only. To be invited to apply, a person must:
- submit an Expression of Interest and be nominated
- have an occupation that is on the relevant skilled occupation list
- have a suitable skills assessment for that occupation
- be less than 50 years of age when the invitation is issued
- meet the English language requirements
- be able to score at least 60 on the points test.
Requirements Before Applying For The 190 Skilled Nominated Visa
There are basic requirements you must meet to apply for this Visa. You must:
- be invited to apply
- be younger than 50 years of age when you are invited to apply
- nominate an occupation that matches your skills and qualifications and is on the relevant skilled occupation list
- have your skills assessed by the relevant assessing authority as suitable for your nominated occupation
- have at least competent English
- score at least 60 on the points test
- meet the health and character requirements
Requirements After Applying For The 190 Visa
Meet Health Requirements
You and all members of your family unit must meet certain health requirements. The department will tell you when to arrange health examinations.
Meet Character Requirements
You and all members of your family unit must meet certain character requirements. This means you and each of your dependants (whether migrating or not) who are aged 16 years or older must provide police certificates. These need to be obtained from each country you and your family members have lived in for 12 months or more over the last 10 years or, in the case of those younger than 26 years or age, since each person turned 16 years of age.
The department will tell you when to arrange police certificates.
You may be asked to provide biometrics (a scientific form of identification) as part of your application. Countries and Visa subclasses included in the biometrics program has more information.
Attend An Interview
You may be asked to attend an interview, either face-to-face or by telephone, after lodging your application. If it is a face-to-face interview, bring your passport or other identification and any requested documents.