Partner Permanent Visa 801
The 801 Permanent Partner Visa Is The Most Important Stage Of The Onshore Partner Visa
So often I hear the people lodge the 820 provisional partner Visa and forget about the 801 until it is to late. this can be because of bad planning, or a misunderstanding.
The 801 Visa is the permanent stage of the partner Visa and is applied for at the same time as you lodge the 820 onshore provisional partner Visa. The 801 is normally applied for 2 years after the 820 is lodged, But in some circumstances you can be eligible earlier.
If you have not downloaded our partner Visa guide do so here to get you started on your journey. Otherwise keep reading to find our more about the permanent partner Visa
Are You Eligible For A Partner Visa?
There are pre-requirements that should be met before you can apply for an Australian Partner Visa. Assess your eligibility by taking this short quiz.
Partner Provisional Visa Australia
This Visa allows you to enter or remain in Australia on the basis of your married or de facto relationship with your partner. This is a permanent Visa category unlike subclass 820.
- on a permanent Visa if, after the waiting period (if applicable), your partner relationship still exists and you are still eligible for this Visa
Your partner must provide sponsorship for you.
This Visa is for you if you want to enter Australia on the basis of your relationship with your partner. Your partner must be one of the following:
- an Australian citizen
- an Australian permanent resident
- an eligible New Zealand citizen
Note: As the partner or fiancé of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen, you do not have an automatic right of permanent residence in Australia. If you want to reside permanently in Australia you must first apply for a permanent Visa and be assessed against the legal criteria for the grant of that Visa.
Partner permanent Visa
- remain permanently in Australia with your partner
- work and study in Australia
- enroll in Australia’s medical benefits expenses and hospital care scheme, Medicare eligible to receive certain social security payments apply for Australian citizenship (subject to the residency eligibility criteria)