114 Aged Dependent Relative Visa
114 aged dependent relative Visa
114 aged dependent relative Visa Summary
This Visa allows aged persons to migrate to Australia who are dependent on their relatives for most of their living costs.
This Visa requires that the applicant is sponsored by their relative in Australia.
Who is this Visa for?
This Visa is for people who are:
- aged (age requirements apply)
- financially dependent on a relative in Australia for a reasonable period of time
- single, having never married or entered into a de facto relationship, or are widowed, divorced or formally separated from their partner
Family members of the aged dependent relative may also be included in the application if they meet certain requirements.
What does this Visa let me do?
This Visa allows you (and your dependent family members) to live as permanent residents in Australia.
You can also:
- work and study in Australia
- receive subsidized healthcare through Medicare and the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
- access certain social security payments (subject to waiting periods)
- be eligible to apply for Australian citizenship (subject to the residency eligibility criteria)
- sponsor people for permanent residence (subject to waiting periods)
How does the 114 Visa work?
|Sponsor||Must give a written undertaking to provide support, accommodation and financial assistance for the applicant and the applicant’s accompanying partner and dependent family members for their first two (2) years of residency in Australia.|
|Applicant||Complete and lodge the application including the application charge and all supporting documentation.|
|Assurer of Support (can be the sponsor or another person)|| Be prepared to:|
• provide financial assistance to the applicant and the applicant’s accompanying partner and dependent family members so they do not need to rely on any government forms of support for two (2) years of residency
• repay any recoverable social security payments made to the applicant or their accompanying partner and dependent family members in the first two (2) years of residency in Australia
Note: You must not lodge an Assurance of Support until it is asked for. Details on how to provide an Assurance of Support will be sent to the applicant after the Visa application has been received.
114 Visa application process
Adding family members to your application
Parent Visa processing priorities
How to lodge your application
Need Advice or Assistance?
114 Aged dependent relative Visa requirements
|Birth Date||Minimum Age|
|Before 1 July 1935||60 years old|
|1 July 1935 – 31 December 1936||60.5|
|1 January 1937 – 30 June 1938||61|
|1 July 1938 – 31 December 1939||61.5|
|1 January 1940 – 30 June 1941||62|
|1 July 1941 – 31 December 1942||62.5|
|1 January 1943 – 30 June 1944||63|
|1 July 1944 – 31 December 1945||63.5|
|1 January 1946 – 30 June 1947||64|
|1 July 1947 – 31 December 1948||64.5|
|1 January 1949 and later||65|