Plastics Process Hand
Performs routine tasks in manufacturing plastic goods.
- Cellular Plastics Cutter
- Fibreglass Lay Up Worker
Indicative Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- dumping material into hoppers of machines
- stopping moulding machines and discharging contents
- cutting foam products from foam blocks
- cleaning, smoothing and waxing moulds for making products
- brushing and spraying release agents onto moulds to assist with the removal of moulded products
- building up layers of fibreglass and resin on moulds
- cleaning work areas, tools and equipment
- may smooth rough edges of moulds using files, grinders and sanders