Performs routine tasks in manufacturing metal products.
- Boilermaker’s Assistant
- Fitter’s Assistant
- Metal Forger’s Assistant
- Metal Moulder’s Assistant
Indicative Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- positioning and holding tools and metal products
- performing assembly and dismantling operations such as screwing and bolting
- operating materials-specific tools to perform tasks required for the production of the final product
- soldering and spot welding components using electrical spot and butt welding machines