Stuns and kills, dresses, trims, cuts into portions, bones, fillets, weighs, grades and packages poultry.
- Poultry Boner
- Poultry Slaughterer
Indicative Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- processing offal and tripe
- moving carcasses to chillers and freezers
- loading meat products into trucks
- packing boned and sliced meat into cartons
- stunning and shackling poultry for killing and processing
- severing jugular veins of poultry, and removing viscera and residual material from poultry carcasses
- separating organs and glands, such as sweetbreads, livers, hearts and spleens, from poultry carcasses
- inspecting and grading poultry, fish and shellfish for size and quality
- packing fish and counting packs before freezing, and packing frozen fish blocks into cartons
- operating machines which slice, peel, skin and crumb fish
- leaning and sanitising equipment and work areas