Operates machines and performs routine tasks to make beer, and package, store and despatch beer in bottles, cans and kegs.
Indicative Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- weighing, measuring, mixing, dissolving and boiling ingredients
- adding materials, such as spices and preservatives, to food and beverages
- operating heating, chilling, freezing, pasteurising, carbonating, sulphuring and desulphuring plant
- monitoring product quality before packaging by inspecting, taking samples and adjusting treatment conditions when necessary
- operating machines to peel, core, slice, dice, pit and juice fruit and vegetables
- cleaning equipment, pumps, hoses, storage tanks, vessels and floors, and maintaining infestation control programs
- regulating speed of conveyors and crusher rollers, and adjusting tension of rollers to ensure total extraction of juice from sugar cane
- moving products from production lines into storage and shipping areas
- packaging and bottling products