Pours, spreads, smoothes and finishes concrete for structures such as floors, stairs, ramps, footpaths and bridges.
Indicative Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required
- erecting concrete form work and laying steel reinforcing
- pouring, spreading and levelling concrete using screeds and templates
- tamping, smoothing, shaping and sealing concrete
- operating trowelling machines to float, trowel and polish concrete surfaces
- forming expansion joints and edges using edging tools, jointers and straight edges
- installing fixtures in concrete such as anchor bolts, steel plates and door sills
- wetting concrete and rubbing with abrasives to finish vertical surfaces
- covering concrete with plastic sheeting and sand to cure it
- cutting lines in concrete using power cutters
- may cover freshly poured concrete with colouring powders and other materials