Performs routine tasks in fabricating, laying, installing and maintaining pipes, fixtures, water meters and regulators.
Indicative Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required
- loading and unloading building and construction materials, tools and equipment and transporting them around building sites
- erecting and dismantling temporary structures such as barricades and scaffolding
- mixing, pouring and spreading materials such as concrete, plaster and mortar
- cleaning and carrying out minor repairs on stormwater drains and canals, and checking for cracks and leaks in sewerage systems
- digging holes and shovelling excavated material onto conveyors, wheelbarrows and trucks for removal
- spreading and levelling soil, gravel and sand on roads and driveways, trench bottoms and similar locations
- assisting with assembling and installing piping, valves and fittings
- assisting with installing fixtures such as toilets, wash basins and sprinkler systems