Cleans, vacuums and mops floors, makes beds, and restocks mini bars and bathroom supplies in hotel and motel rooms and other commercial premises.
Indicative Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required
- cleaning the interior of buildings and the immediate outside areas
- sweeping, mopping and polishing floors, vacuuming and shampooing carpets, and cleaning curtains and upholstered furniture
- dusting and polishing furniture, fixtures and fittings
- picking up rubbish, emptying garbage containers, and taking contents to waste areas for removal
- restocking minibars and replenishing items such as drinking glasses, writing equipment, linen and groceries
- stripping and making beds, and changing bed linen/li>
- maintaining kitchens, washing dishes and cooking utensils, and cleaning appliances, cupboards, counters, pantries and floors
- picking up, sorting, washing, drying, ironing and mending linen and clothes
- preparing and cooking meals, setting and clearing tables, and serving food and beverages
- taking care of household pets and plants, receiving visitors, answering telephones, delivering messages, and shopping for groceries