Washes and cleans exteriors and interiors of motor vehicles, and touches up paint work, glass and upholstery to prepare them for sale or rent.
Indicative Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required
- washing, drying, polishing and waxing vehicle exteriors
- vacuuming vehicle interiors, and drycleaning carpets and upholstery
- applying cleaning agents to remove stains from vehicle interiors
- washing tyres and wheel arches, and blackening tyres
- washing and polishing vehicle windows
- emptying and cleaning compartments in vehicles
- may make minor repairs and touch up finishes to remove scratches