[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Performs a range of production process tasks to refine and treat metals and mineral ore, fire ceramics, and operate plant to produce and finish metal products such as rods, tubing and structural shapes, and moulds for casting. Registration or licensing is required.
- Alumina Refinery Operator
- Arc Welder
- Brake Press Operator
- Computer Numeric Control Machine Operator
- Foundry Operator
- Furnace Operator (Metals)
- Kiln Operator (Metals)
- Metal Rolling Mill Operator
- Sheetmetal Worker (Second Class)
- Tool Setter
- Turret Punch Operator
Indicative Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing is required.
- interpreting engineering production drawings
- setting up, operating and adjusting production plant to shape metal stock and castings and cut sheet metal
- operating welding and electroplating plant
- operating furnaces and quenching plant to smelt and change the structure of metals
- using kilns and ovens to fire ceramics
- processing mineral ore and operating metal rolling plant
- casting molten metal and operating plant to draw metal wire through dies
- operating computer-controlled production plant