Changes in the Stage 2-4 of Job Ready Program
The following changes will commence in TRA – Job Ready Program from 10 July 2019.
Change to Job Ready Journal monthly / quarterly journal process
- TRA is changing the way it monitors a JRE participant s work experience and skills development during steps 2-4 of the program.
- JRE participants will no longer be required to complete a monthly work journal entry through the online portal. This will be replaced by a new, simpler Quarterly Progress Report process.
- The new template for this quarterly report will be emailed to participants every three months, or as required, for completion until a successful Job Ready Workplace Assessment is achieved.
- Current JRE participants will no longer have access to the JRE Journal page in the online portal after 10 July 2019, but the number of validated work hours can still be viewed.
Claiming Prior Employment
- New JRE applicants must claim any prior employment period at the time they submit their JRE application. Claims will not be accepted at any other time.
- Applicants enter the date they started working with an employer during the online JRE application process and must provide supporting pay evidence for the period being claimed with their application documents.
- Only pay evidence submitted as part of the application will be considered.
Employment Verification Report
- As from 10 July 2019, applicants and current participants will be able to download an Employment Verification Report relevant to their nominated occupation from the TRA website. The Report must be completed and signed by the employer and/or supervisor who signs the Employment Registration Form. It must be provided to TRA with any Employment Registration Form.
- Further information on the new processes will be provided in the Job Ready Program Applicant Guidelines and on the TRA website. FAQS for the new processes will also be available on the TRA website.