233512 Mechanical Engineer
Plans, designs, organises and oversees the assembly, erection, operation and maintenance of mechanical and process plant and installations. Registration or licensing may be required.
Eligible Visas for this Occupation include
- 190 for states ACT NT TAS VIC WA
- 489 for states ACT QLD NT TAS VIC WA
- 489 family sponsorship
- Airconditioning Engineer
- Building Services Engineer
- Heating and Ventilation Engineer
Indicative Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
- studying functional statements, organisational charts and project information to determine functions and responsibilities of workers and work units and to identify areas of duplication
- establishing work measurement programs and analysing work samples to develop standards for labour utilisation
- analysing workforce utilisation, facility layout, operational data and production schedules and costs to determine optimum worker and equipment efficiencies
- designing mechanical equipment, machines, components, products for manufacture, and plant and systems for construction
- developing specifications for manufacture, and determining materials, equipment, piping, material flows, capacities and layout of plant and systems
- organising and managing project labour and the delivery of materials, plant and equipment
- establishing standards and policies for installation, modification, quality control, testing, inspection and maintenance according to engineering principles and safety regulations
- inspecting plant to ensure optimum performance is maintained
- directing the maintenance of plant buildings and equipment, and coordinating the requirements for new designs, surveys and maintenance schedules
Active Migration Australia (AMA) wishes to advise you that the information on this website is current at the time of writing. Significant changes within immigration policy and legislation occur constantly and AMA accept no liability for the changes. This page was last updated on the 15th September 2013.