Health Insurance

Moving to Australia on a 457 Visa?

Having health insurance while you’re in Australia on a 457 visa is not just a good idea – it’s compulsory.

What you need to know

Before you are granted a 457 Visa in Australia, you are required by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) to organise adequate private health insurance for yourself (as well as any family members travelling with you) and to maintain the cover for the duration of your stay. By not doing so would mean you are in breach of a mandatory visa requirement.

How AMA can help

We can recommend the best suitable insurance for you and organise a quick sign up with a health insurance company of your choice we currently coopearate with. 

To learn more about Medicare, Centrelink Health Care Card, Private health insurance, Medical assistance, State and territory health services, Child safety and accident prevention, Immunisation & Dental services please go to The health system section of The Beginning a Life in Australia booklet.

Active Migration's recommended providers:

                 Bupa-logo-large    Medibank-logo